Sustainable Skincare Favorites: all-natural self-care
Sustainable skincare is really important to me. If I’m putting it on my body, I want to make sure that it’s safe. But I’m also a busy working mom, so it needs to be effective, too. Here are all my favorite things. I’ve tested all of this myself, with my own money first, so you’re getting my honest opinion.
Sustainable skincare is also about more than just what’s in it. I’ve made a conscious effort over the last few years to reduce the amount of plastic packaging that’s involved in my self-care routine.
There’s a myth that all-natural, sustainable skincare and haircare isn’t as effective as the toxic, mainstream stuff. I’ve actually found the opposite. By choosing carefully crafted, ethically produced products, my skin is happier and glow-ier than ever.
(Oh, and I’ve also included my haircare loves here, too, as well as what I use for my kiddo.)
Without further ado, my sustainable skincare favorites:
- forever favorite scrub: Masa + Olive Face Paste
- for major moisture (nights, winter): Fat and the Moon All Cream or Ursa Major Golden Hour Cream
- for day: Ursa Major Vitamin C Serum plus Fat and the Moon Face Oil
- always in my bag: Supergoop’s Unseen Sunscreen
- Masks: Pangea Organics and True Botanicals
In the Bath
I take a hot bath every single night. I tend to alternate between plain epsom salts and some of the more fun treats you’ll find here.
All-Natural Body Treats
My No-Plastic Hair Routine
Changing from bottle shampoo to Lush’s shampoo bars has been amazing. No plastic. Awesome hair. I’m never going back. Plus, it’s already packed up for leakproof travel.
Sustainable Makeup I Love
- RMS: “un”coverup; magic luminizer
- Fresh lipstick: my favorite is the Sugar Orchid Lip Tint (use my link to take 20% off your first order!)
- Fat and the Moon Lip + Cheek Stain