I write about activism, climate justice, mental health and disability, parenting, queerness, sobriety, and meditation—and am most interested in the places where some of these issues overlap. My work has appeared in major outlets like Newsweek, Insider, and Huff Post. I’ve also published with literary journals like trampset, The Citron Review, Reservoir Road, and Milk Candy Review; in 2022, I received three Pushcart Prize nominations.
To solicit my work, commission me for a piece, or interview me for your outlet, please email me at: christy [at] christytending [dot] com.
Activism and the Environment
- Longreads: Things That Able Me
- Catapult: David Attenborough Helps Me Explain the Climate Crisis
- HuffPost: When I Met The Love Of My Life, There Was Just One Problem: I Was Facing A Felony Charge
Disability + Mental Health
- Ms. Magazine: “It Wouldn’t Be Good for the Institution”: on Meghan Markle, Depression and Who We Believe
- Motherwell: When postpartum depression lasts beyond new motherhood
- Revolute: The Nature of a Body
- The Mighty: read all articles on The Mighty
- POPSUGAR.: I Have Seasonal Affective Disorder — Here’s How I Get Through My To-Do List
- Insider: I actually love flying solo with my 5-year-old son
- The Everymom: It’s Okay to Mourn Your Birth Plan
- Thought Catalog: I’m Not a Mom Who Can “Do It All”
- Mutha Magazine: Privacy, Consent, and Erasure as a Writing Mother
- Electric Literature: Reading Addiction Memoirs Fueled Mine
- Memoir Monday: Sobriety Through the Major Arcana
- Scary Mommy: As A Gift To My Son, I Stopped Drinking
- Thought Catalog: An Open Letter to Sober-Curious People
Flash Creative Nonfiction (under 1000 words)
- Reservoir Rd.: I am thinking about violence.—nominated for the Pushcart Prize
- The Citron Review: It Explodes—nominated for the Pushcart Prize
- Milk Candy Review: Not Legal Advice—nominated for the Pushcart Prize
- trampset: Make Sure.
- Barren Magazine: All That Matters
- Variant Lit: Bumping Into Walls
Self-Care and Meditation
- The Everymom: How Meditation Helped My Pregnancy Anxiety
- Thought Catalog: Here’s Why Intentions Are Better Than Goals // If You’re Feeling Overwhelmed, Try These 4 Simple Strategies
- Puttylike: A Kinder Way of Setting Goals
- Tiny Buddha: read all articles on Tiny Buddha
- Atta Girl: How I Learned to Style My Own Hair at 38.