Real Self-Care: Full Moon
This post is part of a month-long series on Real Self-Care for world-changers. It’s about the experimentation: figuring out what works for you and following your heart. Simple, messy and everything in between. Self-care should be custom, intuitive, feasible and kind – to serve your actual life.
Full Moon Ritual
In the last year, I’ve become much more conscious of where the moon itself is in its cycle. And I’ve begun creating some rituals around the full moon. Here are some ideas:
- If you have crystals, let them bathe in the full moonlight near a window.
- Use this as an opportunity to set an intention.
- Go for a walk under the full moon, and allow yourself a bit of time to gaze at it. Notice what comes up. Getting a little fresh air couldn’t hurt!
- Burn sage to cleanse your space and clear out what isn’t serving you any more.
- Declare what you’re releasing. If you have a safe space to do it, write down what isn’t serving you any more and burn the paper. Or simply spend a little time journaling.
- Use your tarot or oracle cards to set the tone for the next moon phase.
- Meditate, offering a little lovingkindness to yourself.
Overall, I find it to be a special time to be with myself: to go inward a bit and see what’s afoot in my emotional and energetic realms.
[bctt tweet=”The full moon is a special time to be with myself: to go inward a bit and see what’s afoot in my emotional and energetic realms.” username=”ChristyTending”]
The new moon brings its own beauty and opportunities for care. During that time, it’s more appropriate to do your intention setting, altar building and meditation for calling in, rather than for releasing. But the new moon is another beautiful time to have a small ritual honoring the moon.