Episode 28—The Value of a Retreat
About the show
By the time you’re listening to this, I’ll be happily in retreat-land. I’m heading off on a very short silent retreat (my first since my kiddo was born), so I wanted to take this minisode to talk about why I take retreats, the value of a retreat, what you can expect, and how to know whether a retreat is right for you.
But what I really want you to know? That while getting away to a retreat center is wonderful, a DIY retreat can be just as powerful and impactful.
Listen to the podcast
Links and resources for this episode
- Episode: The Next Buddha is the Sangha
- Free Course: The Un-Burnout Un-Challenge
- Spirit Rock
- Green Gulch Zen Center
Can’t Get Away? Your Homework is to Do a DIY Retreat!
Even if you can’t get away, creating a mini DIY retreat is easy and super-rewarding. Plus, you can make it work for your exact schedule and budget. Take an afternoon or even an hour to retreat with yourself for some meditation, journaling, and reflection—or create your own DIY home retreat, using my free resources. I’ve created tons of supportive materials to help you feel like you’ve retreated, but from the comfort of your own home.
- Feeling totally burned out? Start here >> The Un-Burnout Un-Challenge
- Take my fun and free quiz: (with free action guide!)
- Take my free training, How to Be Inconvenient: a full-length training to start melting away the people-pleasing and hustle
- Download the free workbook, You’re Allowed to Want Things
- Sign up for the free mini course:
Subscribe & Rate the Show
Leave a rating and review for the show over on iTunes, then zip me an email at christy[at]christytending[dot]com, and I’ll send you an awesome free gift in your email! Win-win!