27 ways I’m using essential oils in my self-care, my home and my life
My self-care is an ever-evolving practice. Since 2013, my practice has relied in some part on doTERRA products, including the finest and highest-quality essential oils available.
Want to dive right in? Watch this free video workshop on getting started with essential oils and self-care right here.
Since always, I have aimed for my self-care to be something custom to me (never cookie-cutter) and something that’s empowered. Which is to say: I want to be the engine of my own self-care. I do my own research. I discover and implement my own solutions.
Ultimately, that’s what helps me to feel the most free. To be the source of my own care and wellbeing. Of course, I’ve always relied on other practitioners and I’ve had some of the best teachers in the world. But I love to be able to go into my bathroom or desk drawer or bookshelf and craft my own solution.
This is why I love working with essential oils and why I keep coming back, month after month (what’s up loyalty order!), to doTERRA and their simple but effective self-care solutions.
Below, I’ve detailed 27 ways that I’ve used my oils and products in the last couple of days. I’m sure if I were to give it another couple of days, I’d come up with another 27 uses. But this gives you a solid idea of how we can use these products to support every level of our care.
This is how I take care of myself so that I can take care of my family. This is how I care for my home, my physical body, my emotions, my energy, my mind, and even my purpose-driven work. With these tools backing me up, I am standing in my power and crafting self-care that works for me in any given moment.
And with that, here are 27 ways that I’m using doTERRA essential oils in my self-care, my home, and my life:
- Rose or Jasmine on my heart. Always.
- Forgive and Console blends to support my sobriety, my self-compassion practice, and moments where I experience shame.
- On Guard or Grapefruit splashed in my kitchen and bathroom sinks.
- Grapefruit, Lemon or Green Mandarin in my water.
- Anchor or Balance on the tops of my feet for grounding before meditation practice.
- Yarrow Pom, Frankincense and/or Immortelle on my face.
- Helichrysum on my recent bike-involved leg scrape.
- Deep Blue rub on my lower back after a day of lifting my toddler. Add in the Frankincense roller for any inflammation flare-ups.
- Past Tense on my temples for the afternoon tension headache.
- Lavender and Ylang Ylang in bath salts in the evenings.
- Breathe on the soles of my kiddo’s feet and a bit on his back to help with a summer cold.
- Deodorant blend: Geranium, Black Pepper, Clary Sage, Peppermint, and Eucalyptus in a roller diluted with fractionated coconut oil.
- Copaiba and Serenity capsules to take the edge off of tense moments and support fuller sleep.
- In Tune or Align for focus while I’ve been writing my book. A little on my neck or inhaled from bottle.
- Diffuser blend for recording podcasts: Lavender, Spearmint, Hawaiian Sandalwood, Wild Orange
- Serenity on wool dryer balls for laundry.
- DigestZen on my belly after a big meal.
- Serenity bath bar for smelling amazing.
- Diffuser blend for cleaning the house and clearing the clutter: Lemongrass, Cypress, Lime, Douglas Fir
- Whisper and Passion blends for feeling femme and getting in the mood. (‘Cause sex is self-care, too!)
- Clary Calm on my lower belly, lower back, temples and neck during my period. Great for balancing the overwhelm in all my systems during that time.
- On Guard hand sanitizer. Because toddlers and playgrounds and all the grubbiness.
- On Guard cleaner concentrate, to clean every surface in every single room of my home. Sometimes with a little vinegar to the mix, sometimes some lemon oil. Always diluted with water.
- Peppermint under my tongue to freshen my breath or wake me up.
- Neroli on my forearms if I want to feel like I’m on vacation.
- Frankincense on my dry brush before bathtime.
- Dry shampoo made from arrowroot powder, a tiny bit of cocoa powder and a few drops of Elevation.
Bonus: my Lifelong Vitality supplements (multivitamins and omega-3s), Terrazymes, and PB Assist (probiotics) with meals to support digestion and overall wellbeing.