Part two of two
In my last post, I talked about how I’m crafting 2016. This is all leading up to Sacred Focus: a six week course beginning in January.
This post is about what this looks like in action for me: what is my Sacred Focus for the coming year? How will I be putting my dreams and values and passion into action, bringing them to life?
This is decidedly vulnerable, even daunting, but it’s key that you know: it’s a process for me too. And I’m on your side.
So here we go:
What do I want my year to be?
I want it to be soft. I want my year to be joyful and simple.
What do I want more of? Less of?
I want more laughter and less stuff.
What are the three things I want to accomplish?
- Do one silent meditation retreat.
- Start a podcast.
- Spend time with and nurture family.
How do I want the year to feel?
Easeful. Deliberate. Fun.
How do I want to arrive at the beginning of 2017?
Well-rested. Cheerful. Hungry for more.
And how does that translate?
In 2016, I’m focused on 5 main pursuits:
- Family: I’m spending more time with my and my husband’s family, as well as looking after our own mini-family (my husband and our two cats, Dorothy and Harriet).
- My business: I’m reaching thousands through my business – teaching yoga, developing useful products that serve people, and starting a podcast.
- Climate justice activism: working with a local group of friends to do work that pushes us toward a climate-stable and more just world.
- Making art: I’m spending time every week knitting, painting or making art in some other way. Maybe it’s working in the garden and making medicine. I have a fairly loose definition of “art”, but anything creative and generative will do.
- Travel: I’m traveling to new and favorite places, exploring food and culture, and spending time with loved ones while doing it.
Your year will likely look different from mine – and that’s great! I hope to inspire you to thoughtfully craft a new year that feels fabulous and authentically yours. If you’ve started thinking about it, what does your 2017 hold for you? What would you like it to?
Free gift alert!
P.S.: Want these questions as a mini-downloadable journal? Snag your free copy of Crafting Your Life!
Organized under Sacred Focus.